Happy New Year!!
Last year I was pretty poor reading books that help my business, or reading at all for that matter.
My brain was so consumed with my business that every time I sat down to read something, a word or paragraph triggered a thought that made me put the book down and get to action. Sound familiar? I know that taking action is probably a good thing, but I can’t help but feel that perhaps I would be armed with a lot more information had I actually got beyond the first chapter of these books (or first page).
So this year I am setting myself a goal of reading some business and inspirational books that will help me move forward with my business. I am aiming to read 26 books throughout the year – considering I didn’t read any last year it’s a pretty ambitious task, but I am up for it because I am scheduling it in! No point making resolutions if you don’t make room for them in your life.
My 2014 Business Book List
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Manage your Day to Day: Build Routine, Find your Focus & Sharpen your creative mind edited by Jocelyn K Glei
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Money a Love Story by Kate Northrup
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Remote by 37 signals
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity by Alan Cooper
- Don’t make me think by Steve Krug
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown
- For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business by Kevin Werbach & Dan Hunter
- Reality Is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World by Jane McGonigal
- Finding Your Element by Ken Robinson (thanks Simone!)
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- The Game Changer by Dr Jason Fox
- Now Discover your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham
- Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
- All Marketers are Liars by Seth Godin
- Contagious by Jonah Berger
I’ll update this list as the year goes on and would love to hear any suggestions of books you’ve come across and would highly recommend. Leave a comment below!